This guide will help you get to know the most basic stuff you can do with a Whatbox.
Think of the slot as an always-on computer that is somewhere on the internet, with a very fast connection. There is no graphic user interface (GUI), but you don't need to dive in command line land for the basics.
Browse to the web user interface (WebUI): server.whatbox.ca/webui
Log in with the same username and password as this site and you will be greeted with a familiar interface.
You add torrent files by clicking on the globe in the upper left corner, with a file upload or a torrent URL. The torrent will start downloading and seeding, once it has completed.
Now that you added some torrents to your slot, browse to server.whatbox.ca/filebrowser and you can see the contents of the slot. Doubleclick "files" and you can see the files you downloaded earlier. Select a file, click "Download" on the left and it's on the way to your device!
Now that you understand the basics, you can browse around our Wiki and discover everything that's possible with the slot. For example:
- Use an FTP client to download folders and resume downloads: Transferring files with FTP
- Switch to another client: BitTorrent clients
- Keep track of your usage and manage the slot: Manage page
- Add torrents to your client from a browser: Browser plugins
- Stream content to your home: Streaming audio and video
- Use our VPN service to browse the web: OpenVPN
- Learn about tools that you can use on the slot: Programs and scripts