Wiki > youtube-dlp
yt-dlp is a youtube-dl fork based on the now inactive youtube-dlc. The main focus of this project is adding new features and patches while also keeping up to date with the original project.
Download and Install
- Connect to your slot with SSH.
- Make a directory for binaries if you don't already have one.
- Download youtube-dl to your binary directory.
curl -L https://github.com/yt-dlp/yt-dlp/releases/latest/download/yt-dlp -o ~/bin/yt-dlp
- Make the binary executable.
chmod +x ~/bin/yt-dlp
- Add ~/bin to your PATH so that you can run binaries in ~/bin without specifying the path. Ignore this step if you have performed it for a different program.
echo "PATH=\$HOME/bin:\$PATH" >> ~/.bashrc && source ~/.bashrc
You can now invoke the
Documentation for youtube-dl is available on its homepage.