What is it?
Helm is one of our attempts to help give you even more control over your files! While we already provide a very large number of ways to access your files, there's always the circumstance where you might not have access to the tool set or ports you need to use FTP, SSH, etc. Whether you're traveling, behind a school firewall, at a friend's house, or a public library, Helm aims to provide a more flexible way to manage your files.
If you have a slot already, you can try it at http://server.whatbox.ca/filebrowser/
- Drag and drop movement of files
- File upload (including drag & drop)
- Folder downloading as a zip
- Standard features: rename, move, download, upload, delete
- Undo Delete to give you the opportunity to undo accidental deletions for a short period of time
Problems that won't be fixed
- Old versions of browsers are not guaranteed to work.
- Sharing files with others
- File download via drag and drop to the desktop
- Sorting file lists
- Remembering preferences
||Refresh directory listing|
||Select all files|
||Unselect all files|
||Iterate through list|
||Cancel current action and clear selection|
||Navigate up the directory tree|
||Rename currently selected item|
Control click & Shift click are fully supported.