While the standard Unix loads for your server are available via IRC and SSH, we find for many who aren't familiar with these figures already they don't give a useful point of reference of what the server is doing versus what it's capable of.
Because of this, we've developed a lab project known as Stats.
Our Stats page can be found at /labs/stats on all of our servers. You will need to login with your credentials to see the page.
- Grey These are core level services necessary for the operating system to function, it includes things like prioritizing disk access and regulating memory operations.
- Orange These are user consumed cycles for everyone on the server, this includes every program a user starts or is running.
- Cyan These are "nice" processes, things that are only asking for idle CPU cycles and will always yield to any other process.
- Orange This is RAM currently in use by all applications.
- Cyan This is Cache ram, things that are stored there for quick use by the CPU.
- Orange This is the Disk I/O of all users on a given drive.