Wiki > youtube-dl
youtube-dl is a command-line program to download videos from YouTube.com and other video sites.
Download and Install
- Connect to your slot with SSH.
- Make a directory for binaries if you don't already have one.
- Download youtube-dl to your binary directory.
curl -L https://yt-dl.org/downloads/latest/youtube-dl -o ~/bin/youtube-dl
- Make the binary executable.
chmod +x ~/bin/youtube-dl
- Add ~/bin to your PATH so that you can run binaries in ~/bin without specifying the path. Ignore this step if you have performed it for a different program.
echo "PATH=\$HOME/bin:\$PATH" >> ~/.bashrc && source ~/.bashrc
You can now invoke the
Documentation for youtube-dl is available on its homepage.